ALASKA INTEGRATED EMPLOYMENT INITIATIVE
The Alaska Governor’s Council on Disabilities and Special Education (GCDSE) administers Alaska Partnership In Employment Project, known as the Alaska Integrated Employment Initiative (AIEI). This project is in its 5th year.
AIEI had three overarching goals as the grant began at the end of 2012:
- Increasing utilization of supported employment Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) amongst Alaskan youth and young adults (ages 16-26) with disabilities on the I/DD waiver, doubling utilization by the end of the grant.
- Increasing Alaska DVR’s youth caseload percentage, from 20% to 25% by the end of the grant.
- Increasing the amount of hours worked weekly by Alaska DVR’s I/DD youth caseload from 13 hours per week to 20 hours per week by the end of the grant.
AIEI also had specific goals to:
1) ensure meaningful involvement and input from individuals with I/DD and their families;
2) identify and address systemic barriers;
3) develop, implement and evaluate replicable strategies to remove barriers and improve outcomes; and
4) disseminate information on effective systems change approaches.
AIEI GRANT PROJECT ACTIVITIES FIGURE
AIEI PARTNERS FIGURE
Ric Nelson MPA, BBA | Employment Program Coordinator I Governor’s Council on Disabilities & Special Education
Kristin Vandagriff, GCDSE Planner
Telephone: (907) 269-8999
Governor’s Council on Disabilities & Special Education
3601 C Street, Suite 740
Anchorage, Alaska 99503